Sunday, November 4, 2007

Kiki is on the Post!

Ok, all around the internet world people are celebrating National Blogging Post Month. (NaBloPoMo) those people are posting every day!

Well, I've realized that I just don't have that much to say.

I will make an attempt to post at least once a week however. Really, I've been sliding here.

So for today's post, I'll revert to the old standby:
What's cookin'! It has been international week in Kiki's kitchen:

Tuesday's dinner:
Shrimp Curry
It was a curry that is a cross between a Chinese & Maylasian curries and had coconut milk & curry powder along with ginger & garlic. It was really quite tasty, and very easy to make. I threw a bunch of things in my mini-prep (mini food processor)then onto the stove. Boil some rice and a good dinner was had by all

Thursday's dinner:
Pasta in Vodka Sauce
Way yum! The pasta was baked in the sauce with turkey sausage and smoked mozzarella cheese. I chose Cellentani pasta, which is tubular, corkscrew shaped pasta that really holds the sauce. It looked kind of like Hamburger Helper, but tasted like nothing else! (did I mention YUM!) HP had at least 4 servings, plus he brought the left overs in for lunch the next day.

Friday's dinner:
Chicken Kiev.
Ok, I cheated on this. I use Barber Foods frozen Kiev. But hey, their's is pretty good, has an ingredient list that can be pronounced & they use real butter. Plus they do all that pounding & rolling & stuffing. And most importantly, The Girl requested it specifically.

Saturday's dinner:
Tandoori style Salmon
Ok, I don't actually own a Tandoor, but at least I cooked it on a baking stone in a screaming hot (550 degrees)oven. I like the spices & yogurt that makes this up, but I think I'm ready to experiment with the recipe a little bit.

Sunday's dinner
Chicken Paprikas (sometimes spelled paprikash) made in the crock pot.
I'm 1/4 Hungarian, so this is theoretically in my blood. Though the Hungarian 1/4 was from my grandmother who passed away before I was born, so I never had her cooking. My father (her son) did not develop his own paprikas until years after I had left the house, so, while my recipe is based mostly on a version of his, I have never actually had his paprikas and I don't know if his version has since changed. So authenticity aside, Papa's Paprikas is still a winner in my kitchen.


Tomorrow is a night off from cooking, HP has to go to school and I can have leftovers!

I have a friend whose husband & kids don't eat leftovers. I have to say, this is a concept that I cannot comprehend. To me, one of the joys of a great meal, is being able to have it again. Besides, it sure beats a sandwich!

1 garnishes:

Sarah Louise November 7, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

hey, there's something I can make! I do know how to make a good paprikash (or i did, years ago, when I cooked.) I have one of those huge bags of frozen boneless chicken breasts that I bough b/c it was on sale...

in other news, I'm having a terrible horrible very bad day b/c I feel like my life is out of control. My boss smirked. Um, yeah, she said. Helping someone print things correctly was good therapy--it's all about CONTROL.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP