Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gosh it's hot out here!

but I don't think you came here to talk about the weather. It's boring, but really it is way too early for 97 degrees.

The solstice is coming, I'm thinking of having a small party out in the yard. Ya'll are invited, really I mean that!

I'm trying to come up with ideas of what to make. Any suggestions? Please, keep in mind that my kitchen has no a/c. I'm hoping that tomatoes will start showing up early so I can make a nice cool gazpacho. I'm sure that my my little grilled pizzas (cotto poca pizza) will make an appearance. I get in ruts way too quickly with fun foods like that!

And to drink? My frozen mango bebedo's (I just came up with that name since I can't find the origin of the drink). I may have to come up with other flavors to freeze and inebriate as well.
I'll also do lemonade's for the teetotalers and who knows what else.

Please if you are out there, leave me suggestions. And really come on over!

5 garnishes:

Anonymous,  June 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

How about grilled margherita pizzas.

Anonymous,  June 9, 2008 at 12:59 AM  

can i come karen?

KitchenKiki June 11, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

Dear Anon:

If I knew who you were you would (probably) be invited, but since you are not who I thought you were, who are you?

krysta June 11, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

fruit kabobs... just cut up fruit on a stick served on a bed of crushed ice. and a caprese pasta salad. i'll be posting the recipe later this week.

KitchenKiki June 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Cathy-
Margherita pizzas done!

Krysta-
fruit kabobs sound good & easy. I think they are in! I can "plant" them in some of the planters that I've made.

Hmm. I should probably post a picture of those at some point before I give them all away.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP