Thursday, June 19, 2008

Show & Tell

Today is show-n-tell day here on the Kiki Blog. So, a few random things that make me happy.

In no particular order, fashion or organization. (Kind of like my life)


French "fries" on the grill, that turned out almost perfect! (Yukon Gold!)

I seriously love the look on this little girls face. I recently lent a hand to someone who was teaching a workshop to preschool children of Migrant workers. Small kids with little or no English, but a ball of clay and lots of enthusiasm. We were lucky that we had help from a friend in the corner of the picture! These were the cutest, best-behaved little people, ever.

My hydrangea last week.


My hydrangea today. I'm so excited! I've had this plant for 5 or 6 years, it is now in it's third location, and finally I'm getting my bloom out of it! (I can't complain, I got it on clearance for $6 or $8 after it had been forced for Mother's Day. I'm just glad it lived!)


The daycare across the way has a bounce house. You have no idea how much self-control it took to keep me out of this!


My grapelings. I love having a grape arbor in the back yard. Sadly, these are not really wine grapes. They are concord and I don't care for sweet wines, besides the birds and squirrels usually get the grapes before me! Still, it is so nice to grab a grape of the vine at the end of summer when they are ripened, and the sweet smell of grapes when the burst into ripening. Plus, all the fun I have cooking with the leaves!

Hubby Poo in the garden. I've already enjoying the herbs, I can't wait for the tomatoes!

My babies! My niece & nephew, whom I adore!

3 garnishes:

Anonymous,  June 20, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Oh I am so with you on the french fries...and the hydrangea!

Sarah Louise June 21, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

The bowl cut on nephew...cracks me up!

Love the other pictures too.

Trisha June 30, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

I am having hydranga envy! I was on vacation and mine is a bit worse for wear!

How did you do the french fries on the grill? Did you use any oil on them at all?

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP