Sunday, February 18, 2007

Before-N- After

This weekend had a few "Before & Afters" so that is what I thought I'd share.

Before:
a big bag of chicken bones (as mentioned here) purchased for $1 at the farmers market
After:
a gallon & 1/2 of home made chicken stock. Tastes better & is more economical than the store bought stuff and I had dreams of chicken soup because it was simmering overnight.

Sorry no photo of gross chicken bones & a freezer full of stock

Before: I liked the little vase, but the glaze left something to be desired. I am more used to (and much prefer) a high fire glaze and like dipping rather than painting, but I'm using free clay, so Cone 04 it is.



The After is with a little touch up & some gold "rub-n-buff" (and a little better lighting)



Before: The dining room chairs as they have existed since before I was born:


After: A little fabric (that I have only had for 8 months...) and I have an updated look. (Is it redundant to try to Modernize Danish Modern?) The new covers have the added a bonus that they don't stick to my legs in the air-conditionerless summer time!



I guess that is it for what I accomplished this weekend. Hubby-Poo has yet to finish his chili. He spent most of the day on the computer & realized that he didn't really want cook tonight. Last night's dinner was a tantalizing Indian chicken & rice dish called Chicken Korma. It has cumin, cardamom, ginger, coriander, turmeric, safron and a little cayenne along with chicken, garlic , onions and yogurt. The recipe I have is pretty simple & tasty!


Look, I remembered to do the labels!

2 garnishes:

Sarah Louise February 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM  

I like what you did to the chairs. Dinner sounds good...

I'm over here, nursing another cold.

KitchenKiki February 19, 2007 at 9:02 PM  

Thanks! I am enjoying the chairs. I had some trepidation originally, but am glad I went through with it.

That dinner was yummy--had it again tonight.

Whatzizfaze did make the white chili today, so that was lunch.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP