Monday, February 5, 2007

My first Blog

Ok, "Everybody's doing it" why shouldn't I?

I've never kept a diary, I really did try, for a day or two.
I don't really want to share much of the chaos that is my life currently.

But I am full of random thoughts. I am trying to nurture my inner creativity. I feel like talking, but don't feel like bothering anyone. I don't know, it doesn't hurt to try.

I'll start with the weather, it is remarkably cold. My toes are frozen despite the heater, socks & slippers. I'm wrapped in my quilt in front of the computer trying not to freeze. I want to go out today, my car needs an oil change, I want to go to the pottery studio & see my stuff that was fired today. I'm really trying to believe I won't freeze. I'm not convinced since I am freezing just sitting here.

Maybe some homemade stew will warm me from the inside out. It is quite yummy with turkey thigh, garlic, shallots, tomatoes, carrots, a little wine, and my secret blend of herbs and spices. It was really simple, done in a crockpot. I fiddled a little with the ingredients, then turned on the crockpot and went to the pottery studio. I had my hubby throw some carrots in an hour or two before dinner time and voila a stew. Served over noodles with a crusty bread.

I'm still hoping to go to the pottery studio, I had 4 "pots" that went into the kiln for bisque firing on Saturday. I hope they came out ok. Then I get to glaze! Glaze can really make (or break--no pun intended) I'm not sure if they have done a glaze firing yet so I have another waiting for the glaze firing. I'm not very good, but I am enthusiastic. Besides, clay is good therapy! Maybe I'll pull out the camera & take a picture of some of my stuff. If I don't hate it.

Ok, I've tried this blogging thing today. It didn't suck. I may try again tomorrow. If I feel like it.

0 garnishes:

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP