Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Day 2


I'm stuck at home today. I don't mind being at home too much, but the idea of being "stuck" no car, no escape, depresses me. Especially since I didn't find out my husband's car was dead until after he left. (Oh by the way...)

So I'm stuck at home, cold & cranky.

I did get some of my pieces out of the kiln yesterday. A couple bowls, a little bitty cutting vase & a hand built flower vase. I'm not sure I'll be able to put any flowers in it, but it is shaped like a flower. I like it. I can't wait to finish it. I think I'm going to do a Raku glaze. I also trimmed a couple pots to go into the next firing. My old instructor said that one of them was very nice, which was good to hear. I made a couple on the kick wheel. Similar to the one on the left. I find it harder to center & open on the kick wheel (I need the constant speed of the electric, this slows from the friction of hands on clay) I definitely prefer to trim on a kick wheel. I find it easier to control for that. I am planning to continue throwing on the kick wheel to see if I get the hang of it.


Last night's dinner was shrimp with tomatoes, red onion & feta cheese; it wasn't bad for a quick dinner, but I think it needed more lemon. Tonight is turkey steak with exotic spices & a carrot puree. Hopefully it will turn out.

I'm watching a friends kids tomorrow so she can work, so I probably won't cook tomorrow. Or write. Today's is pretty boring, but since no one reads this, I guess it doesn't matter!

Oh well, maybe I'll go play Zelda

3 garnishes:

Sarah Louise February 7, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

no one reads this? Am I nobody? Who are you? I remember your sister quoting Emily Dickinson to that effect one time.

KitchenKiki February 8, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

That was what my father put in my autograph book
and it is ee cummings

I'm nobody, who are you?
are you nobody too?
there is a pair of us, don't tell
they'll banish us you know

Sarah Louise February 8, 2007 at 2:06 PM  

but it does sound sort of emily dickinish...

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP