Sunday, March 4, 2007

still here, kind of

So I've been reminded of how tiring stagehand work is--especially when topped w/ an hour+ commute each way.

I made it through the first week, and have begun week two. The week that the days will start to become 12 -14 hour days instead of the 8-10 hour days I've seen so far.

Other than my feet hurting immensely by the end of the day and I'm too tired to do much else other than work (read: short blogs if any unless I get a break in the day and have my computer) I've been hanging in there. It has been kind of fun to do some of the stuff & see the magic again from the trenches, though there has also been a lot of standing around waiting for someone to make a decision which becomes quite enervating.

At some point I may post some pictures, we'll see.

From the kitchen stand point, my Jambalaya turned out quite well. Especially considering I had a minor panic attack while cooking it and didn't know if it would be made at all. I also made Red beans & rice, mostly in the crock pot this week. They also turned out pretty good even though they almost ended up in the trash because of a series of mishaps like forgetting to turn the crock-pot and such.

Yesterday was my day off (yes, I went to the blasted grocery store) and Hubby-Poo and I got together and made our first sushi. We had fun massaging the rice & clapping the water off our hands & trying to get the right roll on our maki & rice mush on the nigiri. All in all it turned out pretty well. We had a good time and I have pictures that will be posted at some future date.

so enough of the boring blog and I'm off to veg.

1 garnishes:

Sarah Louise March 6, 2007 at 10:38 AM  

Does it sound too weird to say "I'm proud of you"? I am.

Keep plugging...

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP