Thursday, April 12, 2007

Meme in the Kitchen with Kiki

For Sarah Louise, I have Memed (is that the proper use of the past tense???) I made a few tweaks, but hey, it was talking about the kitchen, I can’t leave it the way it was!

In the kitchen with...Kiki, humming something different each time I’m in there

Variety is the spice of life.
In my cupboard, I have this many spices: ummm, a lot
Rack or no rack? Drawer, rack, plus a basket for the “spares”
Alphabetize? In the drawer. My Husband insisted.
Which spice do you use most often? .I go through phases. Maybe Cumin.
Which recipe? I use it in a lot of recipes. That is why it is the spice I use most often.

It's like the pot calling the kettle black.
Coffee or tea? Coffee in the morning. ½ a pot. Every day.
Do you make coffee at home? Daily.

Do you buy Grounds or Beans? Beans! Coffee Pot has a grinder built in
If you make tea, loose or in bags? Tea bags.
How many kinds of tea do you have? I have a small variety in a box, plus I have some Earl Grey, some Celestial Seasons Chai, Red Zinger, Berry Zinger. And Tetley big bags for iced tea.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
I use my stovetop: Almost daily this time of year. Less in the summer--I can't stand the heat, so I go for the grill!
I use my oven: Plenty. I’m contemplating bread now that I have done the Pizza dough. Still Life with Menu has a great Country Bread w/ oat, wheat & white flour.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Soy or cow? Cow.
Skim or whole? 1%
How many gallons a week? ¼ or so

How often do you drink Chocolate Milk? At least once a week. Is my usual “treat” for grocery shopping

Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one's life” -Anthony Bourdain

Three Cookbooks You Love

  1. Anthony Bourdain Les Halles Cookbook I’ve only made a few recipes, but the book is an entertaining read on it’s own
  2. The original Moosewood Cookbook I’ve had it since I thought I’d try to be a vegetarian in college. It is now held together with duct tape from so much use.
  3. The Fanny Farmer Cookbook. It came with my husband, they were both great additions to my home : )

Three items in my freezer (right now):

  1. About a gallon of homemade broth, about ½ gallon homemade tomato sauce
  2. Frozen Tuna, Salmon, Shrimp
  3. Girl Scout Cookies

Three things in my fridge (right now):

  1. Multi-colored Easter Eggs. Will probably be made into egg salad for lunch
  2. Red & Green Thai Curry Paste. I bought it this weekend at Wegman’s in State College. (The only grocery store I actually like, but I’m glad there is not one that is convenient, I’d spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much on groceries)
  3. ½ a Gallon of Iced Tea

Item I am most chagrined about: The mysterious cheese drawer. Cheeses go in, they come out, and some little remains hide in the back until I’m not sure what they originally were

Item I bet no one else has: Tait Farms Raspberry Grille Sauce. I love that stuff!

2 garnishes:

Sarah Louise April 12, 2007 at 10:52 AM  

How fun! Love the AB quote!

GS cookies--hee!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP