Friday, April 13, 2007

Searching for Inspiration

So I pulled some salmon out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

Was planning to go to an old favorite, with a parmesan, basil & lemon breadcrumb crust. It is quite yummy, but I don't have a lemon & really don't want to go to the store.

I want to use the basil. It has been holding up quite well (I bought the stuff in the store that has roots & you store in a glass of water so it stays alive. It doesn't grow, but at least it lives. My basil seeds are just thinking about sprouting. More on that soon. My parenthesis is longer than the original paragraph)

Ok, I've got salmon & basil & parmesan. Maybe a cream sauce w/ tomatoes? Sadly I only have canned, but for a sauce they are just as good. In fact they are generally better because they are not that meally dreck they pass off for "vine ripe"[should be ripened, but I don't have time to edit all those stickers at the grocery store] tomatoes.

I seem to be going of on tangents today. If anyone out there has any suggestions for my salmon, please pipe up.

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

3 garnishes:

Sarah Louise April 13, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

My papa does a mean (good) salmon. But I've never made it myself, so can't help ya there. Good luck, though...

KitchenKiki April 13, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

Did a tomato sauce. Was pretty good, but didn't care for the quality of the fish--won't buy Redner's again.

More on that when I have time.
k

Sarah Louise April 14, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Is Redner's the brand or the store?

Seriously, I need to get over to Reading for some of your cooking!!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP