Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sushi Night

Sunday HP decided to make sushi. It was the second attempt, & I was too tired to photograph it, but I do have the photos from the first try.

(I'm glad that I was too tired to photo it. First try was really quite successful. We watched the video & read some techniques on the internet. Second try, not nearly as pretty. The rice wasn't quite right (may have had a measuring error & may have been the rice itself) We didn't watch any video before hand. HP thought it would be easy since we were so successful the first time.

Me, I was off volunteering & making clay flowers for an open house at the arts center all day, so when I got home, I just wanted a glass of wine. (Thanks to Holly who gave me a few bottles of wine on Saturday, so I got to have a glass with dinner))

So Sunday's wasn't very pretty, but the pictures are from our first try, last month.
Massaging the rice in the steamer bowl

The rice is put in a large shallow bowl to cool and the sushi vinegar is poured over top
Fanning the rice to cool it & help the moisture evaporate
The ingredients Ahi Tuna, Smoked Eel (Unagi) & Salmon. (the salmon was camera shy) along with avocado, cucumber, green onion & wasabi

Forming the nigiri (topped with unagi)

Making the tuna roll rolling and rolling
We started feeling advanced so we did the rice on the outside too

And finally the finished plate

1 garnishes:

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP