Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Summertime learning

The library is a wonderful thing. I'm sure thatmost both of my readers would agree to that. What I think is over-the top wonderful is that our public library system has a new program that encourages library card holders to learn a language
See a brand-name highly esteemed company that allows you to learn at your pace and best of all it is FREE costs nothing, nada, is complimentary. All you need is a library card. Whee!
Now the license only allows the library to choose 5 languages to be taught, and one of them is English(U.S.) (we have a large English as a second language population around here), but hey it will take me a while to get through the other 4. Ok, I can get through German pretty quickly if I can recall what I learned 15-20 years ago. But Italian and Spanish and French will probably take me a little while.
My father-in-law has planned a cruise that goes from Venice to Rome (or is it Rome to Venice?) so I am brushing up on my Italian. I can already let someone know if there is a boy under a ball (Un bambino sotto una palla). I have also looked at some of the Spanish lessons--I was curious how similar they are (eh, a little, but I think if I tried to learn both simultaneously I would get confused).
But I think that I need to not ignore my other hobbies, so I will try to go play in the clay!

Ciao!

2 garnishes:

Sarah Louise August 2, 2007 at 7:29 AM  

Ah, Venice.

I think Italian sounds the prettiest--bonjourno principesa! (from that Italian movie...the name escapes me...)

I meant to say, how cool, tie dye, on the last post, so I'll say it here.

How cool, tie dye!

xo,

SL

KitchenKiki August 2, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

Tie Dye was fun. Will try to get The Girl to wear her dress this weekend.

She & I are going to PJ's for your first-cousin-once-removed's 6th Birthday

I don't know how to say Happy Birthday in Italian yet.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP