Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hi, my name is Kiki

Hi, my name is Kiki.

I am suffering from Holiday Stress Disorder.

I'm stressed, and my life is in disorder and there is a holiday that is arriving a couple days early.

Tonight is our family's Christmas Eve as the kids will fly off to Florida tomorrow to see their Grandmother (over the hill, through the woods & down to the Gulf Coast)

My tree is up, but only 1/2 the lights work and it doesn't have a single decoration.

Today's plan is:
Decorate the tree
finish wrapping presents
make Kringla (click the label to find out about Kringla. it was a much better post than this one)
Make date nut balls. (I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere)
Make dinner for 10 since I thought it would be nice to have a big holiday dinner.
clean kitchen
curl up into the fetal position and cry

Yes, I did bring a lot of the stress on my self, but I had planned in advance. I have an easy meal. Some how I thought I would be spending today doing finishing touches, not starting everything.

I didn't count on losing my grocery list, getting stuck in traffic at the farmers market & 2 grocery stores (because, this is Reading and you can't get everything at one place. really)

I didn't count on starting yesterday with a minor melt-down, (which followed one the day before), I didn't count on teenagers being teenagers (yes, some things still surprise me), I didn't count on just plain not getting my shit together.
I did count on my husband having most of this week off, but I didn't count on him working from home most of the day Wednesday, a portion of the day Thursday and then going into work on Friday.

So now I'm stressed and my naked Christmas tree is dropping needles and the Christmas spirit is stuck down the street.


So really, I just need to get off the computer & get my whiny butt in gear.

I will take this opportunity to say Merry Christmas. Really, the season isn't about the boxes under the tree, or the food under the table, so I will try to put on some Christmas hymns and let the REAL spirit of Christmas help me through this day.

Oh, I will tell ya what I'm making for dinner
Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions (served on a dish of my own making :) )
Pasta in Vodka Sauce
Grilled Asparagus
Salmon Basilica
Assorted Cookies & Ice Cream.

1 garnishes:

Sarah Louise January 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

reading your blog NEVER fails to make me hungry.

hugs,

SL

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP