Sunday, January 6, 2008

Kiki in 2008

Ok, it's been a new year for most of the week, but hey, I'm slow on the uptake.

First some "Super Spies" in their Christmas Jammies, because really, they are too cute to leave out!


Then, on to the new year.

I have spent many years of my life working on New Year's Eve. I have climbed into rafters to release the balloons that stuck in the ceiling for a midnight drop, I have drunk champagne with the Maestro.

One of the few benefits of being a dilettante that I can ring in the new year with those that I love. HP and I had a quiet evening at home after running all over the county in order to make the perfect meal for our final of 2007. We dined on scallops in Champagne sauce with wilted spinach and scalloped potatoes with goat cheese and caramelized onions. The sauce only used a cup of Champagne, so we had most of a bottle to enjoy with dinner. The candles were lit, and so were we. New Year's day was spent lazing about and declaring our resolutions for the new.

As you can tell, devoting more time to my blog was not one of my resolutions. I really do think about the blogosphere, and I think about posting more, but then I think my life is really to dull to write about, so I play another video game or abandon the computer for some clay. (And on the clay front, I am REALLY excited about the piece I'm working on now. It is awaiting its first firing, so I hope it turns out. Maybe I should take pictures in stages--I can fake the first stage, a ball of clay, but I'll have to bypass the stage where I decided to make a lid. That is done, and I can't go back & take pics. who am I kidding, I'm terrible at remember to put pics in anyway. I'll try to do better though really) That was a really unnecessary paragraph, but for now I'll just edit this way.

Kiki's 2008 Resolutions

  • Get a Job, those bills aren't going to pay themselves
  • Lose Weight. Cliché, but necessary.
  • Learn Italian. I started last year, then missed a day or two and then got away from it. Time to return!
  • Have more fun with my husband
  • Drink more water. Sometimes I forget.
  • Make nicer pottery, I'm working on that one!
  • Elect a new president. Ok, I'll only do a small part of that and vote, but it sounds like a good resolution, the old one has put in his time, and now it's time for a fresh outlook!
I think that is enough for one year, don't you?

1 garnishes:

Sarah Louise January 12, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

are those my cousins once removed??? how cute they are!! And how BIG!

dilettante. Ah yes.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP