Monday, February 25, 2008

Dreaming of Spring

I am cold.
I am pretty much done with cold, it is officially on my nerves.
I would much rather be sitting here with my laptop than the cold, very messy office where I am now.
I find my self looking through the Sundance Catalog longingly at clothes like this








or this












I also like this one & it's on sale





--as is this one

Somehow I found myself on Ebay, bidding on this scarf. It looks springy and bright, but I don't think I want to increase my bid any higher, so I'll probably end up with out it.
I blame the blogs.
Today it started with a trip to Apartment Therapy to look at "the amazing bookshelf staircase" so I started looking around and there was a picture of these Ranunculus. Flowers along with the seed catalogs--especially this one have got me ready for longer, warmer days. (Holly, if you are out there, definitely check out that catalog, yum!)
I am also ready to spend time on the grill. That started last night when dinner was cooked on the grill, because I'm slightly sadistic and like to shove a beer can up the chick's posterior and let it steam from the inside out. With my special blend of herbs and spices (so secret, I don't even know what is in there) it was the tasty main course along with some Fettucine More-Kiki-Than-Alfred-o (more secret ingredients :) ).

Alas, spring is not close enough, but will be here when she is good & ready, so I will continue to wait.
At least I can play in the mud all year round!

3 garnishes:

Sarah Louise March 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

I like the ones with sleeves (maybe I'd like the sleeveless one, if it had a person inside it.) Not crazy about the skirt. But that is my humble humble opinion, and sales are good.

I no longer have the great dress I bought the last time I came to visit you in Philly, but looking at these dresses reminded me of that.

Sending hugs and hoping you get your cookies REAL soon.

Sarah Louise March 3, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

oh, and loved seeing the porch again.

KitchenKiki March 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Eh, I can't afford either so it doesn't matter!
I remember that dress, I ordered it from JJill and found that on me it looked like a fat kid playing dress up and on you it was willowy and springy.
that was a while ago!

I can't wait to open the porch again!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP