Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thank goodness for the BBC

They have language courses on the BBC (in case I get bored with the other free courses I've looked at) but I was happy to note that they have "Cool Italian" so I can learn some catch new phrases.
I'm not sure I would have realized that Bleah! means Yuk! or that Mmmmm! means doubtful, you don't really believe what someone is telling you and Aha! is Oh, I see! (Your voice needs to start low, go high and back down again in one uninterrupted sound.) I hope I don't need this one
Ufff! Pronounced "Oooffarh!". When you're fed up, tired, bored.

I'll try to remember this when I'm shopping: Credi che sia a ieri?
-Do you think I was born yesterday and hope I don't hear this Ti prendo a sberle (I'll give you a good slapping).

Merda! That is a lot to remember

1 garnishes:

Sarah Louise February 23, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

and you're learning Italian because...

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP