Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rex Vs. Dory, A Post About Sibling Rivalry

It has begun. I didn't realize they would start so soon, but yes Rex & Dory have issues with sibling rivalry.
Tonight it was dinner. I asked for suggestions.

Rex wanted pasta, Dory (my little Ho) wanted potatoes.
They argued & bickered until I finally said enough.
I made both. Because I'm a Potato Ho!

This month's Ho Down will be hosted by Hillary at Chew on That. The Ho Down isn't until October 15, but I'll be on my way from Capri to Positano, so I thought I'd throw this up early. Thanks for hosting!

Pasta with Potatoes, Arugula & Rosemary
Adapted from Chez Panisse Vegetables.

1 # firm potatoes, sliced about 1/3" thick, tossed w/ olive oil, salt & pepper
1 red onion, sliced thin
1 shallot, slice thin
4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
more olive oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 bunches arugula, washed
1/2 a lemon
Box of noodles, they suggest penne or other tubular pasta, I used the tri-color rotini & loved it

On baking stone, rimmed sheet, (or other suitable surface) bake the potatoes in a single layer at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until tender.

Put water on to boil for pasta. Cook according to box.

While waiting for water to boil, saute onion & shallot in olive oil until brown & tender, add garlic and saute lightly, toss in potatoes & rosemary.

When pasta is done, drain & return to pan. Add Arugula & toss to wilt greens, add potato/onion mixture & toss again.

Serve with fresh shaved Parmesan.
The kids were happy (though Rex did get some arugula stuck in his teeth) they both loved it!

HP wasn't convinced this was a complete meal and suggested some cooked Italian Sausage cut up and tossed in. I thought that was a splendid idea; the dish needs some protein to be a meal, but hey I'm still in my comfort food phase.


I didn't take this picture & I can't find any of Rex standing his ground on the pasta issue. I'm not sure if my camera is possessed or Rex is sneakier than I though.

2 garnishes:

Anonymous,  October 1, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

This is awesome HO! I love it! Thanks for playing along! Yahoo!

Anonymous,  October 2, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Oooh bring on the carbs! Love it. Thanks for participating this month :) Can't wait to host!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP