Sunday, December 7, 2008

I bet you thought I was kidding...

when I mentioned the stuffing, didn't you?

Really, what do you do with a heap of left over stuffing? We had 2 kinds at Thanksgiving & this was the "savory" it was cooked in pan, not the bird. It was good stuffing with cornbread & sausage along with a little apple & onion & celery, but really; I only eat stuffing at Thanksgiving. So, I was perplexed, but I am also pretty frugal, so I didn't throw it away immediately.

And then one day last week a friend said, "Hey, J doesn't have a budget for food at his opening. We thought we would all pitch in and make something. Are you in?"

Of course I was!

Then it dawned on me, that my grocery money hadn't quite recovered from Thanksgiving. But I wanted to make something tasty. So, of course, I went through the pantry & fridge. What did I find? A large container of stuffing.


So, of course I did what I always do when in doubt, add cheese
To my cornbread & sausage stuffing, I added about 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend ( CHEDDAR, MONTEREY JACK, COLBY AND MOZZARELLA CHEESES-- not the stuff with the icky spices & salt & MSG) and some (4 oz?) GOAT CHEESE and about a 1/4 cup grated pecorino. I mixed that in with 3 beaten eggs and rolled them into balls.

I put them in a hot oven (I believe it was 375) for about 35 minutes. When I pulled out these little puffs? I had almost 4 dozen puffs of yumminess



(see the cheese? that makes it for me!) They were snapped up pretty quickly, these little stuffing wonders, and the taste was a hit. One person even told me I should definitely try the "crab puffs" So the stuffing was a hit. And I was relieved!

I've already realized that the stuffing would also be perfect to put into mushrooms as another appetizer. Because I hate wasted food--especially when it's good food!

2 garnishes:

Anonymous,  December 8, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Balls o'stuffing...I am so right there with you!

Sarah Louise December 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

you are such a gourmet diva! Go you!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP