Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day. Whoop-de Fricken Do!

Ok, I don't really feel like writing anything, so today we have some pictures
First are some pics of things I've done with clay. I don't really like using the 04 glazes, so I mixed some old stuff in with the new. The bottom left pot has a pretty cool glaze job, but I can't really get the nuances on my digital. The upper left was done mainly by "spin art"
Next we have me in my snow boots. I only took a picture because Sarah Louise would be proud of my pink boots. (Actually, they are raspberry)
The closest I really came to receiving a Valentine was that my husband started shoveling with out asking me to help. But then he whined until I did come out & help.

So I went out, & I have to say it was abominable! There was snow, ice & frozen rain all layered on top of each other. It weighed a ton. I'm not sure how much of each we got & I'm not really sure what the difference is. If I really want a good explanation of the difference between snow & freezing rain I call my Uncle. He has traveled the world & lived in Poland for a spell, he knew a Russian that could discourse on the peculiar distinctions between snow, sleet & frozen rain. After all "Rudolf, the Red, knows snow, dear!"
All groans aside, I must have looked pitiful because the neighbor came by with a snow blower
So that was my Valentine's Day. A year ago it would have been romantic to be snowed in with my sweetie. Now, since he works out of the house, it was just another day except that I couldn't leave the house.

4 garnishes:

Sarah Louise February 15, 2007 at 11:48 PM  

hee hee--love the boots and loved the Rudolph joke. Even though I've heard it a thousand times, it still makes me laugh.

Happy Valentine's Day plus one.

SL

KitchenKiki February 16, 2007 at 1:59 PM  

Wasn't sure if you'd enjoy the joke or start avoiding my blog!
Glad you liked it.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP