Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tag I'm it

I was a tagged by my Cousin Sarah Louise. I guess that was a hint about the fact that I hadn’t posted in a while. So here are 8 random factoids about me:

Ø I really like flamingos, but not necessarily cartoonish ones. And it can’t be overdone.

Ø I’m not really sure I like to cook, but I do really like to eat

Ø Today is my big sister’s birthday.

Ø Tomorrow I am going to be wrapped in Chocolate

Ø My favorite color is cobalt. (Kind of blue/purple/indigo)

Ø I want to make an apron for myself

Ø I have to remake the curtains in my bedroom

Ø I like to create things, but am often disappointed by how they turn out.

Ø I am making raku turtles. They are cute, but not as nice as I had hoped.

Ø I have been on a quest for really comfortable shoes that I can wear everyday

Ø I haven’t found them

Ø I used to be good in math, but now I can’t even count

Ø Sometimes I’m an over-achiever

Ø My friend Holly sometimes reads this, but hasn’t been able to post any comments for some reason. I don’t get that. Hi Holly!

Ø I’m a font whore.

Ø I want to make a set of dishes for my house on the pottery wheel, but doubt that I can be that consistent

Ø I’m supposed to tag 8 people, but don’t really know 8 bloggers, so I probably won’t.

Ø I made salmon cooked in grape leaves last weekend and it was yummy. I wish I had taken a picture to post

Ø I spent the beginning of the week in our nation’s capital and stayed with SL’s parents. It was great to see them

Ø I have a step-son in college! His schools colors are Blue & Buff. Buff? It looks like yellow to me. Or sometimes gold, but not really Buff.

4 garnishes:

Sarah Louise July 12, 2007 at 5:56 PM  

what's with the wierd formatting?

So jealous of your visit to Hershey. I'll be quizzing children on their knowledge of books...

Happy Birthday PJ! Her gift will be fashionably late...I remember learning that term from your family.

Thanks for playing!

KitchenKiki July 12, 2007 at 6:02 PM  

I tried to do this in a different font, so i wrote it in word & then pasted it. That is why the formatting is off.
Sorry we will miss you in Hershey! I think that even your baby brother will attend. I have told The Boy & The Girl their appearance is mandatory so I requested you sibs attend so they can be idolized by them. Your sis was a pretty easy sell, your brother who knows!

Anonymous,  July 12, 2007 at 8:53 PM  

Here are 8 random factoids about me.

I love mojitos.

I love The Sound of Music. I know all the dialog and songs. "Oh Georg,I must return to Vienna. I need someone who needs me desperately." Baroness Schrader

I read and love nerdy books. I'm hooked on business related books. Just read The No Asshole Rule..recommended and Competing on Analytics...exciting if you're into analytics.

I love loose tea..I own a samovar...I have my own tea shelf in my kitchen cabinet and I make different flavors of sugar to go with the tea.

Katrina and the Waves "Walking on Sunshine" is my favorite song.

I hate liver and lima beans--I eat almost anything else including zebra, kangaroo, and gemsbok and brussel sprouts.

My favorite quote is from Herman Raucher's Summer of 42 "Life is made up of small comings and goings, and for everything we take with us, there is something we leave behind."

I'm glad to have met Karen. She was sunshine during some rather cloudy days at the SC. I can only hope I can do the same for her.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...I ACTUALLY POSTED. Holly

KitchenKiki July 12, 2007 at 9:02 PM  

Yay Holly!
I'm glad to see you, I've been thinking about you.

Maybe you should come over for mojitos in the garden some time. I have fresh mint!

I also love Walking on Sunshine, but only if I'm in a good mood.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP