Monday, October 1, 2007

The done part of the list-


  • Call the Dentist (reschedule appointment)
    Only the 3rd time I've rescheduled. I promise I really will go this time!
  • Call Sue (can I reschedule meeting?)
    After all it really is about me :)
  • Call Heather (what am I doing again)
    Heather wanted me there Today. She clearly was not on this to do list. *SIGH!* Ok, will reschedule life and be there tomorrow*
  • Wash my Car
    Um, why do these things ALWAYS** happen to me? I sat waiting for the car wash to open for 25 minutes before someone told me it was broken and gave me a coupon to "rewash" car. But I didn't wash it in the first place. :(
  • Go to the Produce place (2 grocery stores in 2 days wasn't enough)
    It didn't live up to the hype, but at least I got my peppers
  • Make Soup
    Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Soup. Uber Tasty!
  • Make Black Beans & Rice (rice is already done, made extra last night. Check)
    Beans are blacked! & Cooked
  • Take The Girl to the Orthodontist.
    I'm so glad that I never had to get braces!
  • Write some LONG overdue Thank You notes
    Yeah, I actually did this. Some while waiting for The Girl, the rest while waiting for the carwash
  • Stop at GoggleWorks and see if my pottery will survive trimming or if I let it sit too long
    It lived and hopefully I have a Christmas present for someone
  • Clean the Kitchen
    Well, I cooked a couple things and cleaned for a while. It still needs work.
  • Clean the Dining Room
    ummmm It became the place to fold laundry instead of being cleaned. At least the laundry is clean
  • Call a venue about a fundraiser
    Done, they can't do it. One less thing to worry about!
  • Return Library books/books on tape
    oops. left them on the kitchen table. I'll have to drop them on way out of town or risk the wrath of the librarian!
  • Work on the Brochure that was supposed to be done last week
    Was asked to rework an ad instead. Didn't have time for both...
  • Try to find some new sneakers
    Not enough time in the day for that
  • Try to find a comfortable bra
    Not enough time in the world for that


*"There" is in Harrisburg, Pa. helping with the Governor's Awards for the Arts.
**"ALWAYS" = the last 2 times I've tried

4 garnishes:

Sarah Louise October 2, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

Lists make me crazy. Mine seems to always be the same: Bills, Laundry, Pills (sorting them out), and Tidying. Now I have a standard list and I just put a date next to the item with the last time I did it.

I would think Arthur costumes would freak me out too. Hugs!

KitchenKiki October 6, 2007 at 8:55 AM  

Hugs back at ya!
I'm not always a list person, but I am married to one. After a crazy couple weeks I needed to sit and think of what had to be accomplished before I got crazy again. Unfortunately, that turned into Monday only instead of Mon-Wed.

Sarah Louise October 6, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

My mom is a lists person. She's the one that taught me you can do something not on the list, put it on the list, and then cross it out. Which reminds me, I have a list of my own...

KitchenKiki October 6, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

When I was working in the costume shop last week we had lists & much fun crossing things off. Sometimes things would come in that needed to be done IMMEDIATELY so we did them, then wrote them on the list to cross them off.

Maybe that is why I did a list on Monday.
Or maybe it was just to organize my thoughts & figure out what I should be doing...

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP