Thursday, June 12, 2008

As promised

After hours of trying to convince flickr to upload my pictures. (pretty please with garlic on top? no, how about bananas on top? sugar on top?)
I am back with the photo version of dinner.
The big bag of banana leaves.


They are long too!

The achiote paste was made with achiote (annatto) seeds, cumin, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, and allspice (maybe some more things, I don't remember) then mixed with OJ, lime juice, garlic,a bay leaf and maybe some other things (and no, it isn't real "pasty").





The fish then marinated for an hour before being wrapped in the banana leaf, sprinkled with fresh herbs and put on the grill.




























I grilled some onions in lime and cumin for the side









While HP made some salsa









Doesn't this look good?
With a little lime and tomato on top, it really was a tasty adventure!



3 garnishes:

Anonymous,  June 12, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Wow, this is amazing, I mean really amazing!

Sarah Louise June 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Forget the food, (sorry, I'm sure it was delicious) I love that bowl! Did you make it?

(silence as cuz contemplates finding a man to marry just so Kiki will make her more pottery...)

KitchenKiki June 16, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

NP: Thanks!

SL: Yes, it was delicious. And yes I did make the little green bowl. It is actually my favorite ice cream bowl. You don't have to get married to get one, once I get through the 3 weddings and 5 birthdays that I'm currently working on, I'll add you to the list.

What would you like?

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP