Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Introducing Our New Little Arrivals: The Twins.

I know, I didn't tell anyone we were "expecting," but with adoptions, sometimes it just happens one day. Meet Dory & Rex
Dory is our golden child, and loves the spotlight. Rex, with his regal purple, is a little more subdued, but likes to sit back & stir things up.
Can you believe that Dory loves to flash people. I'm trying to get her to stop, but she's incorrigible!

Dory likes to stir up trouble when ever she can. She was enjoying this mix of ginger, garlic and onion.
But once the spices were added, Rex jumped right in, with Dory watching carefully over him. She is a big fan of the turmeric, garam masala, cumin, cayenne, coriander and other curry spices thrown in. Rex, was a little surprised at having his picture taken and tried to hide the next time I grabbed the camera When I added the Salmon, they both went running for the hills I guess they aren't fish fans like HP & I. (Recipe inspired by October Food & Wine's Creamy Indian-Spiced Halibut Curry)

Both the twins loved bath time
Though I did have to wait for Rex to come up from the bubbles!

While the twins were keeping me busy, HP was cookin' up some trouble of his own. Actually, he wasn't really cooking, he was mostly slicing and tearing and really, it wasn't trouble he was making, he was making the most of some organic heirloom tomatoes that someone had given me. Layered with fresh mozzarella & basil from our garden then drizzled with basalmic vinegar & olive oil with a sprinkle of black pepper, these were the best tomatoes of the season!

3 garnishes:

Sarah Louise September 24, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

Cannot stop laughing. I can't wait for Thanksgiving when I can meet Rex and Dory in person.

Anonymous,  September 24, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Those are seriously hysterical! Love the humor! Cute bum too!

KitchenKiki September 24, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

@Sarah Lou
they are seriously looking forward to Thanksgiving with the family!

@ Noble Pig. Thanks! Oh, you meant Dory's bum. Well, Thanks anyway.

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP